Laura is our new Service Coordinator, joining us with a BEng in Mechanical Engineering.
1. Tell us about your role at Stone Marine Shipcare?
I am the Service Coordinator at Stone Marine Shipcare. My role involves dealing with service department enquiries, quotations, and administration in order to turn enquiries into jobs. A typical day for me also includes liaising with surveyors and customers as I am responsible for resolving any ongoing job-related issues that may arise on assigned jobs. No two days are ever the same for me as every job is different, and I enjoy what I do.
2. When did you join the team?
I joined the team quite recently in April 2021 after being recruited by Fort Recruitment. It was a new opportunity for me in a sector that I have never worked in before, so it has been challenging but I love it.
3. If you could add one thing to the Shipcare office, what would it be?
An office pet, preferably a puppy!
4. What is your most used emoji?
It would probably have to be the flames emoji or the laughing face emoji.
5. What is your favourite cocktail?
All of them! But if I had to choose one, I would pick an Old Fashioned.
6. If you could only have three apps on your phone, which would you pick?
Instagram, Facebook Messenger, and Snapchat.
7. What would we most likely find you doing on the weekend?
On a Saturday you would most probably find me on a night out in Liverpool. On a Sunday I usually take my dog Akela on a long walk then we come home, and I ring my family back in Ireland to have a catch up.